Friday, August 7, 2009

Manasota Key and Englewood Day

(Samantha smiling.)


(Swimming!)


(I just love being a mother!)


Today we met Dee for breakfast at the Sun Garden on Siesta Key and then she took off to West Virginia. So Mom, Samantha and I went down to Englewood. I wanted to go to the Tervis Tumbler store to get some lids and a cute cup for Samantha. Then mom had to go to Venice Island to return a broken bracelet. We shopped around there for a little while and stopped for smoothies...our new favorite snack! Then we went on down to Englewood. We stopped by my Great Uncle Dick and Great Aunt Mary Lou's house (they are in Yellowstone). Then we drove past my Mamaw and Papaws old house. Some weirdo guy lives there now and the house is pretty run down which is sad. This guy was sitting in the front lawn behind a big sign with "KEEP OUT" on it. I am not quite sure who he thinks would want to come near his train wreck house... We then crossed yet another drawbridge to go out to Manasota Key. We wanted to pick out a place to stay for vacation next year. Mom wants Grady, Samantha and new baby to take a vacation at Englewood Beach. We found a few places that would be awesome so hopefully one will pan out. We came back to Venice for dinner at Rosebuds and mom and I both had Steak & Lobster. Now we are at Dee's, "spending time with the cats", and doing laundry. We thought about feeding her pet opossum but we could find anything to feed the cute little guy! Since we are leaving tomorrow I hope to spend some time at the ocean in the morning. I am so looking forward to seeing Jeff and I know that Samantha has been missing her Daddy too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment