Friday, June 11, 2010

Samantha is 1 Year Old Today!

Samantha is 1 year old today! I am not sure if I am going to make a new sign to go with her monthly birthday's. It is getting harder and harder to get her to sit still long enough to get a picture taken...as is evident in the next picture.

Here she is tearing her sign apart! After we got our one good shot I took Samantha down to my work to visit all my friends / co-workers! She was a ham, as usual, and visited with everyone! But she wore herself out and fell asleep as soon as we got in the car to head home. When I transfered her to her crib she never even woke up.

After her morning nap my mom and I took Samantha to Genji for her birthday lunch. It is the same place I always go for my birthday so we thought it was only fair to take her there too. We were a little nervous if all the noises would scare her, but she loved watching the cook. She never did get scared and just kept eating whatever we gave her; including mushrooms!

After lunch we stopped by Target. A girl at work said the "Dollar Spot" had a lot of Hello Kitty stuff so we had to go check it out. We did stock up on Kitty things and also some extras! Like a new pair of summer sandals for Samantha and a new dress for me! Gotta love Target!

When we got home Samantha was ready for her afternoon nap. So I fed her and put her down then got started on her birthday cake / cupcakes. Since Kroger no longer makes Hello Kitty cakes I decided to make one myself. But it is pretty small so I also made cupcakes to go with it. Anyone who knows me, knows I cannot cook anything, but you really cannot go wrong with sweets! For my first try, I don't think I did too bad of a job!

My Hello Kitty cupcakes for Samantha's Birthday party tomorrow! I hope they taste as good as they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment