Saturday, March 10, 2012

C-Section (Part 2)

We went back to the OR about 6 PM and they put some more medicine into my epidural and moved me onto the operating table. It took about 15 minutes before Jeff was able to come into the OR and be with me. It seemed like a really long 15 minutes. During the surgery I could only feel sensations but not any pain. Like when they were rubbing the iodine on my belly I could feel something moving around on my skin, but I could not tell if it was a sharp knife or soft cotton ball. Once they had me full dosed on the epidural they do a test to see if you are fully numb or not. The Doctor would say; Can you feel this? "No", Can you feel this? "No", Can you feel this? "No". At which point the Doctor said, if you were not fully numb, you would definetly be able to feel this. Which I took to mean she was already cutting me open!
Jeff was allowed to stand up and take pictures over the blue blanket barrier. The one above was taken just before she was pulled out.
Her official birth time was 18:37 (6:37 PM).
They started cleaning her up right away.
She came out alert and wide eyed.
She was checking out the Doctor's.
Once they had checked her out (for like 30 seconds) they held her up over the blue barrier and showed her to me. I was just so happy she was here and happy that I started crying.
And she started crying too :)
They took her over to the warming station in the OR and cleaned her up some more and checked her vital signs.

1 comment:

  1. This is precious and I know your daughters will treasure the blogging you do when they grow up.
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete