Monday, May 10, 2010

Our baby is sick again...really???


(Samantha laying on me in the waiting room at the Dr.'s office this afternoon)

Samantha has just seemed to be getting over the cold she has fought for over two weeks now. Her cough was lingering but getting better and the runny nose was slowing down as well. She had a very good weekend where she was very happy and things appeared to be turning up. She slept great last night and was in her normal happy, cheerful mood this morning when I woke her up and took her to the babysitter. Then...about 11:30 Kathy (babysitter) called and said she was burning up and not herself. I told her I would be there as soon as I could. I emailed Lauren and relayed everything to her, finished up a couple of things at work and ran out. When I got to the babysitter's house, my little baby was just pathetic. She was just laying on Kathy and had no energy. They told me her throat seems to be bothering her as she wouldn't eat or drink anything. As soon as I picked her up I could feel the heat radiating from her. I took her home and took her temperature. 102.8!! I texted Lauren and then called Dr. They were closed for lunch but I just got in the car and went over. Long story short, they got us in and Samantha was diagnosed with a DOUBLE EAR INFECTION!! She was given an antibiotic and I got her some baby ibuprofen. I brought her home, bathed her, gave her medicine and fed her a bottle. She is now peacefully taking a nap.

Our family really needs a break...




No comments:

Post a Comment