Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hell MUST have frozen over!

Yes, you saw it right, here is Buckeye actually laying on the same bed as Maggie. Now Buckeye has always been a momma's boy. I know that sounds gay, but he really is a momma's boy. He loves curling up on the couch with me. He will even get inside my sweatshirt just to be close to me. Then Jeff came along...and Buckeye seems to get along with him well enough now but he really prefers to be with me. He got very angry with me for bringing Maggie into our life. He was really use to being the only dog around. We had a good routine. Then we adopted Maggie. She followed him around like a lost puppy and he avoided her like the plague. There are very few moments that he is actually sweet to her. 1.) When it is raining outside. He loves to lick her dry once they are back inside. Crazy, I know. 2.) If it is cold outside. He will get into the same dog house with her and steal her warmth. 3.) When she leaves a bone/treat unattended. Quite the opportunist! But the line is drawn there! Under no other circumstances does he enjoy her company. And they have been together for 4 years! You would think they would have bonded by now. But it still seems that Buckeye is only tolerating his sister. But last night I caught him sleeping on Maggie's bed...with Maggie on it. I have never even seen Buckeye walk on her bed...let alone lay down on it. And that is without Maggie being on it. So to see him actually get on her bed while she was on it really proved to me that HELL MUST HAVE FROZEN OVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment