Monday, March 7, 2011

Granny's Funeral

This morning we went to Granny's funeral. It was at her church at South Columbus Freewill Baptist Church, the church Pa built. The service was very emotional for everyone, including the kids. After the funeral we all went to the Cemetery. It was a testimony to Granny's life the amount of people we had in the processional! She was a very loved woman. In the picture above, where the curtain is, is where Granny was laid to rest.

Everyone was given a rose from the floral arraignment off Granny's casket. They were beautiful, as you can see.

Pa and Granny's grave stone. They have still not added Granny's death year, but I am sure they will soon. I am praying Pa will live a lot longer.

There were only a few roses left in the floral arrangement on the casket from where everyone took them home. I am going to dry mine out and keep it forever.

The great-grandchildren all released balloons in honor of Granny. There were a lot more but with the delay on my camera I was only able to catch two of them in my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment