Saturday, March 20, 2010

Weekend trip at MawMaw's

This weekend we moved back into our old house. The one we first lived in when we got married. It took us 4 months to sell and close on our other house so we have had time to get a lot of renovating done at our new / old house. We had bead board put up in Samantha's new room, got new appliances, got new living room furniture, had the upstairs painted, painted the basement walls AND floor, and most impressively we had the hardwood floors refinished. But this weekend was all about moving. Jeff and I had a lot of stuff already moved over; like the kitchen. And yesterday my brother came over to help take over a couple loads. So today was mostly about the really big stuff and the little random things. My dad came over at 8 and we had the first load moved over by 9. It only took 2 loads today and one load in Jeff's truck. We even managed to to get our old house cleaned out and ready for the new owners! Over all it has been an especially productive day...but let me tell you...my back is paying for it.

Because Jeff and I needed to get our whole move done in one weekend. We decided it was the perfect time for Samantha to have a sleep over with her Mawmaw and Pawpaw. They have been begging us to have her spend the night and there could not have been a better time. I packed up EVERYTHING Samantha could need for the weekend and Libby came over to pick her up around 5. You would think that I would be the one that called ever few hours to check up on her, but no, that would be Jeff. He loves calling to check and see what she is doing, how she is feeling, did she get a good nap, has she been playing a lot, how many bottles has she eaten...etc. It is actually really endearing. Oh, and since Jimbo just had knee surgery, Libby wanted to have an extra set of hands on deck so Jessica and Katie (I think) are also staying the weekend. The picture above was taken by Jessica (I think). It sounds like Samantha is having a great time getting to stay up late and always being entertained by people she loves! And I know this because of the many Jeff updates. A huge THANK YOU goes out to Jim and Libby for allowing Jeff and I to have a painless...virtually painless moving experience!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment