Saturday, September 12, 2009

Papa Time

Unfortunately Lauren has officially returned to work. Her schedule has changed and part of her new work schedule is working the overnight shift on Friday and Saturday night. Last night was the first night. I got home from work around 5:30 and we ate dinner and Lauren went to bed. I took Samantha to Easton Mall to run some errands. It was interesting changing a disgustingly dirty diaper in the backseat of the car in between stores... We returned home around 8pm and Samantha had a bottle and was in a very good mood. Lately she has been going to sleep between 8:30-9:30 and pretty much sleeping through the night. Well, she didn't want to go to sleep last night. I am sure she just wanted to spend more time with her Papa. She fell asleep around 10pm, I went to bed at 10:15. Lauren had to get up at 10:45 to get ready for work. I finally fell asleep around 11:30 or so. Samantha woke up this morning at 6:30 and I changed her diaper and fed her a bottle. She went back to sleep. I got up around 9am and worked out while she was sleeping. Lauren got home around 10am. Part of our anniversary celebration was a couples massage so Bob (Lauren's Dad) came over around 11:30 to babysit. The massages were awesome and we got home around 2pm. Lauren had to go to bed to be rested for work tonight. Samantha took a nap with Lauren from around 3-4pm. I brought her down with me at 4 and she watched football with me. She fell asleep again around 5pm. I did too... I woke up around 5:45 and she slept until 6:15 or so. She woke up and ate another bottle. I just finished giving her a bath and it's the first time I have done that alone. I am sure there will be more "Daddy Firsts" in the near future. She is laying on her play mat now on the floor just smiling and laughing. It's about 10 mins until kickoff for OSU and USC so I hope she enjoys watching the game with me...GO BUCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment