Monday, September 6, 2010

Two Surprises


I will first let you all in on a little secret...Lauren and I are cheap. Well, maybe cheap is the wrong word, I like to say resourceful. So, when we decided that Samantha needed a winter coat we went over many options. We have acquired many baby items and pieces of clothing from yard sales, thrift stores, Craigslist (our best friend), etc. Yesterday we went to Jeffersonville Outlet mall and tried to find a nice winter coat for our baby. No luck. I don't really know which of us is cheaper but I had the not so bright idea to go to Easton as The North Face store is now open. I really was hoping to just browse but really had no plan to purchase what I expected to be a $100 coat to last just one season. Then...I laid eyes on the coat below. I take advantage of every opportunity I can to buy something not pink or purple (even though this coat is reversible and is pink plaid on the inside). I think Lauren just gave in and let me pick the color so I would agree to buy it. I also decided to buy 1 size up in hopes it will last two winters. As you can see below, I think Samantha loves her new coat.

(Here she is saying "Awwwww....")


(She is looking the price tag wondering if she's worth it...I think she is!)

Now for the second surprise. How did Samantha repay us for this new coat? She learned to take her own diaper off during her nap and pee over everything in her crib. Books, stuffed animals, you name it...pee! How unappreciative. After her nap and dinner, Lauren suggested we go to the park to allow her to play.

(I climbed to the top of the climbing wall with her and she was happy.)

(Here she is just exploring on her own.)

(It's hard to see, but if you look hard, you'll see the blue speck far away. We were almost to the car when Samantha decided she wasn't quite done and just turned around and went back to play).

No comments:

Post a Comment