Wednesday, July 1, 2009

3 Weeks Old...Tomorrow.

*(Here is a picture of Samantha's first night her her crib! ~Lauren)*

3 weeks have passed since Samantha was born and I think we’re really settling into a routine with her. It is funny how you can lose all track of time and your day is defined in 3 hour blocks between feedings, naps and diaper changes. Lauren has been feeling better and better and we’re starting to workout together. We have started to go to the middle school near us and workout on the track. I run and Lauren will do a combo of walking and running. I am surprised she feels good enough to run so soon but she has done great. We put Samantha in her stroller and she goes around the track with us. I love this!!! Even before Samantha was born, I have always enjoyed working out with Lauren and having that be one more thing we can do together.

Sam hasn’t been the best sleeper lately but last night was awesome. Due to a bad night on Monday, Lauren and I decided it was time to move her out of our room and get her in her crib. Last night she was awake most of the early evening so we had high hopes of her being tired come bedtime. We bathed her around 8pm and she hated it a lot less than the first few times we’ve done this. Normally, she screams during the entire process but last night she made it almost through the entire thing before crying. In retrospect, this was my fault. Last night was the first time I did most of the washing and I was just moving too slow and she got cold so I am thinking that was the problem. As soon as bath time was over, she was in a great mood.

She (Samantha that is) passed out on my lap around 9pm and Lauren and I watched a little TV (The Deadliest Catch; one of our favorite shows!) and then around 9:30 decided to head up to bed. As soon as I stood up and started walking upstairs Sam woke up. Not wide awake, but opening eyes here and there. We put her in her crib, tested the monitor to make sure we could hear her in our room and got in bed. (We found ourselves whispering in our room trying desperately to not wake her up). We laid in bed a while talking and I felt bad for Lauren as I know it was tough for her to not have Samantha in our room. It was hard for me too but I am trying to believe that this is good for her and she has to learn to sleep when we’re not there to console her.

Samantha made some noises but no crying and after Lauren and I talked some more we fell asleep around 10:15 or so. Sam was real champ! Lauren had to wake her up a little after midnight to eat. She slept again pretty sound until around 3am and needed to eat again. Lauren fed her and put her back down. I think I remember (was kind of out of it) Samantha waking up around 4am and Lauren going to her room to hold her for a bit. I think she fell back asleep relatively quickly as I was still awake when Lauren came back to bed. She slept again until 6:15am. I got up, changed her and brought her to Lauren to feed her. I put Sam back in her crib around 6:40 and she fell back asleep and was still sleeping when I left for work this morning around 7am. Last night was definitely one of her best sleeping nights. Hopefully we can expect more of the same moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment