Saturday, June 13, 2009

Random funny interaction

Don't worry, I know I still need to finish the first story; have no fear, I will.

Lauren and I are sitting in the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit) watching Sam (will have to check back later for the explanation) and we're talking about her having to "pump"...aka get milk from her boobies! We then began to barter on the tasks involved in this process...
(Marriage involves compromises. Examples are: let me watch football for 30 minutes and you can watch TLC for an hour later. I will cook dinner if you cleanup.)
So, the last couple of days in the hospital, Lauren pumps and then I clean all the components. This is a pain. Not because I don't like to be helpful, or I don't want to do my part but because it's something that is tedious and boring. We're sitting here and I ask her if when we get home if she will need to clean the components. She said yes, I think so. "I can do all the pumping and you can do all the cleaning" she says. Well, I don't know how hard you think you're working sitting around holding two funnels to your nipples for 15 minutes. I mean, seriously...does that sound like a lot of work? I said she can hold the funnels to my nipples and SHE can clean the components. (I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?).
We had a good laugh about that and laughing was definitely what we needed at this point in the day. I guess you just had to be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment