Monday, October 18, 2010

Still my baby

I really thought once Lauren got pregnant I would be the cool Dad who's attitude was more laid back and "they'll figure it out on their own". Well, each day that passes I become more and more obsessed with my daughter and words cannot even describe how much I love her. Yes, it is exhausting at times taking care of her alone on the weekends but I think how blessed I am to have so much quality one on one time with her. I used to prepare her breakfast on the weekend and put her in her hi-chair and let her feed herself. The last few weeks, we have gotten in the habit of her sitting beside me on the couch and me feeding her yogurt bite by bite, following by some cereal. As simple as it sounds, I really do look forward to those moments of just her and I being together.

(The picture below is the "Good Morning Mommy" picture I sent Lauren Saturday morning. Just imagine seeing this beautiful, smiling face first thing in the morning...you have no choice but start the day off in a great mood.)




(I know it is a simple picture, but this picture below is from Saturday when Samantha and I were hanging out w/ my folks. We went over to visit my Mom who is recovering from knee surgery. Samantha is just having a blast playing with a little toy dog).



No comments:

Post a Comment