Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Morning With Samantha

Our morning routine is always the same, Lauren is leaving for work by 6 or 6:15 and that is the time I am just getting ready to wake up Samantha and get her ready. I normally just take 1 "Good Morning Mommy" picture to send to Lauren but this morning my baby was just too cute...


(When I went into her room this morning she was still peacefully sleeping with her hands so sweetly folded under her face).


(More times than not she is a morning person and only takes a few seconds for her to shake off the cobwebs and be in a great mood. Within 2 minutes of waking up, she went to potty and was immediately photogenic).

(As soon as she woke up she was asking for her frog book. To backtrack, yesterday she woke up from her afternoon nap saying her frog book was scaring her. This book has been on her bookshelf for months without being read. For some reason yesterday it bothered her. At bedtime last night she still was not happy about the frog book in her room, it scared her. So, I got the book and had her walk with me into the loft and let her watch me throw it downstairs on the couch so she knew the frog book was no longer in her room. This morning she started asking for it immediately. Once we had the book, she said (and this is a quote from her, verbatim)"this is scary in my room, but down here it's fine and not scary".

(Then, we had our annual morning "smiling contest". This is how I ensure to get at least 1 good picture to send to Lauren.

(As we were getting ready to leave, I put my hat on since it was super cold and she wanted her hat too to be like Daddy. Once we both had hat's on, there was nothing else I could do but take yet another picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment